Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37

Thread: LPD Football?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    LPD Football?

    What is wrong with everyone here? There has hardly been any talk of High School Football since season started. Nothing at all this week besides Chubz's videos. I never would have thought 5 years ago that this board would be down this bad during football season.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: LPD Football?

    They lost a lot of people when Hoastboard went retarded and the board was down for 2 months or so. You'll look at the outside page and there'll be 20 viewing one board, 25 another, and 2,3,4,5 viewing the others. They need to fix the board where there's no viewing without registration. My CW/HV thread last week was the first game recap I've done this year. Just slacking on my part, but there's hardly been any others. I'm calling out UTVols, Indian Dad (I know he works some Fridays), PVFan, Biggin', JASON!!!, R13, IBAWildcat, Skeletor, starbuck, all of you guys (myself included) need to quit slacking and start doing a game recap on Friday night or Saturday. That's where most of the posts throughout the week would come from anyway.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  3. #3
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: LPD Football?

    Only been to one game this year and it was pitiful. I believe I posted about it, the J.I.B./Appy game. It was all one sided. All Burton and I believe they actually took it a little easy on Appy.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: LPD Football?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironlung View Post
    They lost a lot of people when Hoastboard went retarded and the board was down for 2 months or so. You'll look at the outside page and there'll be 20 viewing one board, 25 another, and 2,3,4,5 viewing the others. They need to fix the board where there's no viewing without registration. My CW/HV thread last week was the first game recap I've done this year. Just slacking on my part, but there's hardly been any others. I'm calling out UTVols, Indian Dad (I know he works some Fridays), PVFan, Biggin', JASON!!!, R13, IBAWildcat, Skeletor, starbuck, all of you guys (myself included) need to quit slacking and start doing a game recap on Friday night or Saturday. That's where most of the posts throughout the week would come from anyway.
    just from my part, it is harder for me to really dig into the game's and report back. I could gloss over some things but nothing deep. having a 6 year old at the game that wants to go here and go there and me trying to keep an eye on the game and keep an eye on my daughter (although not very far away but just can't help it) I kind of miss a lot of the game. she will want to go sit with her friends or go down and beg the cheerleaders for a football or something and I guess since she is my only child I'm a little more prone to want to know where she is at at all times.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: LPD Football?

    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    just from my part, it is harder for me to really dig into the game's and report back. I could gloss over some things but nothing deep. having a 6 year old at the game that wants to go here and go there and me trying to keep an eye on the game and keep an eye on my daughter (although not very far away but just can't help it) I kind of miss a lot of the game. she will want to go sit with her friends or go down and beg the cheerleaders for a football or something and I guess since she is my only child I'm a little more prone to want to know where she is at at all times.
    Completely understand. If you start a thread with your possibly limited observations, someone else will hopefully help fill in. We've all been slacking. I have get up for work early on Saturday's now so I'm not usually on on Friday nights. I need to start posting when I get home on Saturday's though about the game the night before.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: LPD Football?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironlung View Post
    They lost a lot of people when Hoastboard went retarded and the board was down for 2 months or so. You'll look at the outside page and there'll be 20 viewing one board, 25 another, and 2,3,4,5 viewing the others. They need to fix the board where there's no viewing without registration. My CW/HV thread last week was the first game recap I've done this year. Just slacking on my part, but there's hardly been any others. I'm calling out UTVols, Indian Dad (I know he works some Fridays), PVFan, Biggin', JASON!!!, R13, IBAWildcat, Skeletor, starbuck, all of you guys (myself included) need to quit slacking and start doing a game recap on Friday night or Saturday. That's where most of the posts throughout the week would come from anyway.

    I am off on Fridays this year thanks to some time buildups,but refuse to do Kelly game recaps,because of the whining about the schedule that we have that follows,so I spend my time on Kingdoms Of camelot via facebook when I get home
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: LPD Football?

    First off, the whole hostboard issue did a lot of damage to us. Lots of people never came back, part of that is lack of time and effort on my part. I need to improve that.

    Second, Chubz, Counts is more or less right. I don't think if you are 'reporting' that its anymore infrigement than the news. Unless you are trying to sell the coverage, I don't think there is much leg to stand on. It doesn't shock me though as there are some who gripe about anything, be it video, or even message boards. It's bad that certain teams try to 'hide' everything they do. As much as anything, I would film it and put stuff up later, since that would be more of an archive and historical aspect, and would take away the scouting argument. Since I think there is something about teams filming opponents, there is probably a gripe. If you notice, you don't see teams showing up to film their opponents because there is a policy about that (I believe). If you really enjoy it though, keep filming it, and post it later after the year IMO.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 1999
    Posts
    1,019
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: LPD Football?

    Quote Originally Posted by R0cketer View Post
    First off, the whole hostboard issue did a lot of damage to us. Lots of people never came back, part of that is lack of time and effort on my part. I need to improve that.

    Second, Chubz, Counts is more or less right. I don't think if you are 'reporting' that its anymore infrigement than the news. Unless you are trying to sell the coverage, I don't think there is much leg to stand on. It doesn't shock me though as there are some who gripe about anything, be it video, or even message boards. It's bad that certain teams try to 'hide' everything they do. As much as anything, I would film it and put stuff up later, since that would be more of an archive and historical aspect, and would take away the scouting argument. Since I think there is something about teams filming opponents, there is probably a gripe. If you notice, you don't see teams showing up to film their opponents because there is a policy about that (I believe). If you really enjoy it though, keep filming it, and post it later after the year IMO.
    Well the VHSL Handbook does say the following


    300-16-5 Spectator Videotaping/Filming
    ? Spectators must receive permission from the tournament
    director for any live action taken of athletic events other than snapshots. If permission
    is granted for spectators to film the entire event or take clips, it is to be with the understanding
    the tape/film may not be sold, leased, borrowed, or rented for commercial purposes. The tournament
    manager should not permit spectators to interfere with the view of other spectators or
    news media personnel covering the activity, and if there is any question as to the purposes of
    filming or taping, the request should be denied by the local tournament management.

    That being said if someone wanted to push the issue they would win.....that being said I can understand Chubs NOT wanting to fight that fight

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Sat_morning_QB's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 26th, 2002
    Posts
    430
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: LPD Football?

    One part of this is that the VHSL say's that any Regional, Semi-final or Finals game is there property as they put on the tournament and can't be uploaded or rebroadcast or sold without permission, really means paying them a fee. so any regular season game is ok as long as you have permission.
    Remember Ntv had to wait until the following wednesday or something to show themmon channel 37.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: LPD Football?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unchained View Post
    I am off on Fridays this year thanks to some time buildups,but refuse to do Kelly game recaps,because of the whining about the schedule that we have that follows
    F' em. No reason you can't give a synopsis of what happened drive wise. "The first score happened when team A had a 50 yard drive after a fumble". Let them cry.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •